Re: Who all has built OLTCs?

"Hi Finn,
                It is interesting about new trends.
Perhaps next year or two it will be a large pizo such as the electric
striker on the gas grill, taller than a person and driven by a jack
hammer.
(no pun intended on the name).
I imagine that would make a good spark!
Mike"

	I'm sure you could.  There are field-portable X-ray machines which
generate the HV by firing a 32 blank cartridge and using the gas to
whack a stack of PE elements.  Came across a description by accident and
didn't save it, but wouldn't be surprised if the application is common.
As for driving a TC, I think not.  The equivalent capacitance of the
piezo stack is so low that you'd never be able to get much voltage on
the primary capacitor.

Ed