RE: Who all has built OLTCs?

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Part of delay is getting >my test and assembly "infrastructure" ready

>That's easy, I just clear the dishes off the kitchen table ;-) Terry uses
the floor in his >
>spare room by the looks of it.

My OLTC Testing facility
http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/oltc-2/kitchen.jpg
When I'm allowed !!

Steve,
	How are you tensioning the wire as you put it onto the former ?? You
said that it was only the hand wound turns that sagged, maybe the tension of
the wire when winding with a drill is greater.

	Maybe as you said varnish it immediately after winding, It might be
an idea to keep the former rotating (in the right direction) as you are
varnishing it to keep the turns naturally tight too.

	Of course the simple solution is wind the coil in the morning when
its cold.. (It'll probably snap the wire when it heats up instead though)

	Derek