Re: TC powered by LV Marx generator? - SIDAC's

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am glad that Terry doesn't know. I have just spent time on Google and was unable to find what the abbreviation stands fo either (or for DIAC or TRIAC). I remember when I started electronics over 30 years ago I used to know what transistor meant as well. It's just not important now. (but I would like to put it on my website, so if anyone knows...)
Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au

Hi Sam,
....The SIDAC (I have no idea what that stands for) is a solid state device that holds off voltage until a certain voltage level is reached. ....
Cheers,
Terry