Coil Winder -- New Coil :^)

Original poster: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx

I wound my first coil on my sem-auto winder last night.  It is 3.5"
(3" nominal) PVC x 12.5" tall, wound with #28 wire.  Winder in close
wind mode seemed to by "falling behind", so had to adjust takeup
index frequency higher to allow traverse to follow wire more quickly.
Including setup, winding and 5 coats of urethane it took < 2 hours,
and results are great.  L= 16.1mH,  Fo no load 510kHz, with 1.5" x 8"
oblate 390 kHz, Q is excellent on coil as well.

Next customer (victim... :^D ) is a 6.625" OD x 18" long for SSTC,
DRSSTC, OLTC research, to be close wound with #24, and epoxy coated.

Can post pics later this weekend...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA