re: no Terry filter

Original poster: dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My coiling experience with NST's is aligned with Dan's. I started wondering, if
I use LTR value capacitors, and I have my spark gap right across the
transformer output, and my gaps are never opened more than .200", then I should
still have safety gaps upstream of the primary gap? How is the safety gap going
to drop voltage spikes that the primary gap doesn't handle, if it is in
parallel to the main gap? The safety gap has to be opened up more than the
primary gap, or it will be firing more than the main gap, true?

Dave Goodfellow
.