Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I guess he is then also thinking of two signals offset in the primary and
> one secondary, or thinking two whole but offset coils.

How about two secondaries hooked through capacitors to the same main
terminal?  They'd be so close in frequency that we probably could drive
them with the same primary (if the bandwidth of the primary circuit was
far wider than 8Hz.)   Then just increase the series capacitors until both
secondaries were putting out lots of power but without de-tuning each
other.

But that just gives an 8Hz AM modulation to the main output.  It needs a
rectifier on the output to convert the pulsed 50KHz to actual 8Hz.  Use an
x-ray tube?

Going back to my brainstorm from the first message on this thread:  it
might make more sense to just use a single TC, then add an extra electrode
to the huge output rectifier so we could pulse it at 8Hz.

For tabletop experiments: if we wound two identical secondaries and then mistuned one of them so it was off by KHz... then when these were driven, would we *hear* the KHz sound? Does the plasma do enough rectifying? Or if pulses of plasma caused pulses of sound, then we'd hear a sound that was 2x the beat frequency.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com