Greg Leyh's new coils was Re: 20 joules..

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> The next secondary coil that I'm working on will
> have convolutes on
> the outer casing, like this:

Cool!!!!! That looks like Ultra-Rib corrugated PVC
drain pipe to me. I've used it for draining MTB
trails, but never thought to make a bushing out of it.

If it is Ultra-Rib, then IIRC it has a double skin and
the "ribs" are hollow and full of air. If so, what did
you do about this? Did you cut the inner skin away
and/or fill things with oil or epoxy? Or do you think
it will be OK with the air?

If it isn't drain pipe, but some ultra-expensive
high-tech material, I apologize in advance :-/

Is the black colouring OK with high voltage?

BTW, I love the "primary drive unit", it looks like an
eight-barrelled OLTC2 :))) I think I see water cooling
pipes poking out of it?

Steve Conner