Re: Tesla Coils & Ball Lightning

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Tesla Coils & Ball Lightning

> Original poster: "Chris Rutherford" <chris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> As far as I understand an idea or belief is the start of the
> scientific process.  You start off with a hypothesis (belief/idea)
> then experimentally verify the idea, if the hypothesis turns out to
> be correct then it becomes a theory.

An idea or hypothesis is not necessarily a belief.
A hypothesis is a tentative explanation. It does not necessarily even imply
the possibility of truth or correctness
Its common to assume a particular hypothesis just to disprove it..
Where as a belied implies a truth or correctness.
Obviously people tend to peruse hypotheses that they believe are true bit
not exclusively so.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400