Re: **Does anyone have CDE 942 series (or similar) capacitors? - MMC Voltage

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In reality, operating at the DC rating is already operating at 333% of spec. Your 20% increase is really 400% of spec. The further you push it, the more you are courting disaster. The fact that a test case went to 950% before total failure does not mean that this is a safe continuous operating range.
It's a pay me now or pay me later situation. If you get the absolute minimum number of caps now, you WILL be spending more on replacements sooner. It is usually a smart idea to design a first project a little more conservatively than what some "vetrans" have discovered they personally have been able to get away with (so far).

Matt D.