Re: Tesla Coils & Ball Lightning

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Bill,

> How many people on this list, having witnessed Ball
> Lightning, quickly
> told others about it?  Didn't they wait until
> someone else came forward
> with an eyewitness account?  If it takes guts to be
> the first on this list
> to admit to seeing BL, this indicates that there is
> still some danger to
> being labeled "ball lightning quack."

> Has anyone here ever been afraid of being seen as a
> "lightning-ball
> quack?"  Since the 1980s the attitude towards BL has
> lightened up
> immensely.

If I saw something I thought might be ball lightning,
I would certainly tell people about, and people on
this list as well.  However, I would not get angry or
send flames or hate mail when people showed skepticism
about the observation.  Moreover I would be skeptical
of my own observation if I saw something like a ball
float through the outside wall of my home and into my
living room.

I have actually gotten flames sent to my personal
account due to expressing skepticism on this list.  I
was glad to debate with the guy off-list, but it was
somewhat of a waste of time.

I know we weren't taught critical thinking at home and
at school, and it seems to be falling out of favor
with modern culture.  However, it is okay to polish
and use your skills of critical thinking.

-Brett