Re: Reprint of Wm. Gilbert's book

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/8/05 7:44:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Please do. Sylvanus Thompson was a very prominent guy around the turn
of the 20th century and I have a copy of an early edition of his
"Electricity and Magnetism" in my bookcase. Excellent book and more
useful as a fundamental reference than some of the more recent books I
have. Wasn't aware that Feynman had occasion to have known of him.

Ed

Hi Ed,
In one of his biographical books, Feynman mentions using Thompson's text when he was in school.

Matt D.