The Electrum Project

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Greg.

> Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I looked for corona off the top corner of the secondary
> coilform while I was in the sphere and couldn't find any, visually.

was the coil`s top sealed or not when operating? what did you breath
with, if the only ozone was around it - was the weather calm or windy?

> Yes, 200kV/m and higher gradients are attainable, in clean, dry
> laboratory conditions.  Often times we must operate in less than
> ideal conditions however, such as these:
> http://www.lod.org/Projects/120L50K/austin01.jpg
> http://www.lod.org/Projects/120L50K/Graz40kW.jpg
> Such environments submit the coilform to high moisture content,
> smoke, particulates and atomized diesel.

i.e. you wanna have absolute warranty, that at such power level
nothing would be broken down even at the worst case, even if you would
have to make double or tripple lenght margin?

> Note that utility companies
> are even stingier than 5kV/inch with their surface gradients -- a
> 12kV utility insulator is often over 7 inches long.

yes, but their insulators must work even at the hard rain, plus they
probably projected to wishstand overvoltages from lightning strokes
into the line.

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/construction/pages/pricoil.html
"note the tuning taps at t8, t9, and t10"

and i see burned part of the pipe at t6 - what is it - first
unsuccessful attempt? %-)

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/NewZealand/pages/nzmanway.html
at this photo the bus going to the final turns is inside some pipe -
what`s it - insulation from first turns?

how did you tune your primary tank - with the help of rf generator, or
you had an opprotunity to move the tap electrode over the primary
while firing? %-)
at such great power level ion cloud near the sphere would decrease
secondary Fres noticeably - did you measure its value with spectrum
analyzer or any other method?

-----
I have run coils up to 20KW in residential neighborhoods. I have
received death threats and have had the police, fire, and department of
water and power all show up at the same time. Screw 'em all. Keep firin'.
(c) Mark Barton  29-09-95