Re: Arc welder as pig ballast not working right

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

Seanick,

I agree with David here, you may have a 60 hz resonant problem, like I had at one time. If you don't have one, set up a safety gap across the rotary gap. Just use like #10 bare copper wire and bend it so you have about 1.5 to 2.0" loops on each end. Set the gap to 5/8". If the system is working properly, this safety gap should not fire. If you are experiencing a resonance problem, the primary tank voltage may be way too high and the safety gap will fire. I was also experiencing sputtering and popping from the rotary gap.

Ed Sonderman