Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps)

Hi,

A Gerret +P 44 caliber magnum round (about the max any normal human would fire from a hand gun) is about 2000 joules.

The original AK-47 round is 1400 joules.

The 30-06 round is about 3600 joules...

At say 10 feet, the "bang" from 20kJ would knock your right off your feet and probably unconscious!!!

Be careful, 20kJ is definitely in the "not at all funny" category!! It is important to note the a 20kJ spark happens in microseconds so the energy effect is a giant shock wave. The dropping car is spread out into a nice "soft" hit over tens of milliseconds...

For 20kJ sparks, you would have to be uncomfortably near so sand bags, very good ear protection, eye protection (very bright flash)....

A KKK fire work (those Big single air bangs at public 4th celebrations - 1/4 stick of dynamite) are about 70kJ... You could probably easily hear 20kJ ten miles out... If you are within 15 miles of civilization, expect cops to show up....

Be careful there friend :-) If you do set that thing off, try to get a tape video for us >:o)) But don't become a Darwin Award =:O Bill's 7.5kJ thing blew up the electronics in three of his neighbor's houses too and much just from the "electrical" shock wave!!!...

Cheers,

        Terry