Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm sure that it will do very bad things to a TC secondary. 20kJ is an order of magnitude greater than I have had available before and I have a bit of trouble conceptualising that power.
I once reported a gunshot to the police. It turned out it was about a mile away. I think it might be similar.

Take a compact car (1000 kg), rise it 2 meters, and drop it to the ground. This is 20 kJ.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz