Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 ...

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
>
>      So would this setup fire one mean discharge at first light, and
> for the rest of the run (or until the "booster caps" were charged
> again) it would operate like a normal TC? How would one go about
> charging these caps "on the fly"? Or did he just rectify off the
> primary tank voltage?

If the TC discharge didn't hit earth, I bet the DC-electrified RF discharge would spew ions like mad. The TC would become a massive source of ion wind. This can make everything in the nearby environment start sparking to ground, make your clothes stick to your body as if wet, and perhaps trash your computers as the fan sucks charged air into the case and spreads it across the plastic parts.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci