Looking for Voltage Control Switch Ideas

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm in the process of making a controller for my big
coil:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil09.jpg

I'm more or less building this:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/schematic.pdf

I have two 1256's with a motor drive:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/variac01.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/variac02.jpg

The motor drive can be driven by a spdt switch or
pulse driven. The drive speed is adjustable by a pot.
I'm planning on using a spdt switch. I'd like to have
a fairly large switch that is spring loaded so I can
push it forward to increase voltage and backward to
decrease it, with a spring returning to center. I need
some ideas for a cool looking switch. some thoughts
were a Hurst shifter, a boat throttle, or maybe a
computer joystick. Does anyone have any better ideas?
I can always rig up several limit switches to a
non-switch device, such as a car shifter, but I'd
prefer something that is already a switch. I've looked
around for industrial switches like this, but haven't
found anything.

thanks
Adam

Yahoo! Mail