RE: Looking for Voltage Control Switch Ideas

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I used Visio, then "printed" it using Acrobat.

As to the filters, I have four, so why not? Actually,
I'll probably end up paralleling the legs and use all
four, one per leg for each location. I have had
problems with flashovers in my variac from my smaller
coil, so I feel like I need one between my controller
and my PSU. Since I have several, why not place
another one where the power enters? I also added a
TVSS, since I happen to have one. Don't know if it
will do anything or not. I may monitor the ground to
see if anything's going on while running. I've also
decided to use my 18 kV lightning arrestor on the HV
side of my pig. I figure I'll wait until I finish
before I "asbuilt" my scematic.

I'm also adding a key switch which will power the
Powerstat Drive without engaging the contactor. That
way I can adjust the powerstat up or down before
supplying power to the coil, and after an e-stop. I
looked at automating this, but it got kinda crazy with
relay logic, and I'm not quite ready for a PLC yet.
When I finally win a good cheap VFD on eBay, I'll
probably get one then.

Adam

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil09.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/schematic.pdf