Re: Toroid construction

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

>From Jared:

I was asked if I had actually built a fiberglass toroid.

Yes I have.

Now we use only spheres for top ends. If we are just doing an
experimental coil we burnish aluminum foil directly to styrofoam
spheres, and this works just fine. But keeper coils get hard shells.
We do our lay up over inflated rubber balls for these.

If we go to Dr Resonances Tesla Bash this year we will bring examples
of sphere capacitors with us. You can take photos of them there if you
like. Otherwise photos will appear in our next Tesla webring site.