Re: Permanent magnet Tesla coil

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

That'd make one screaming (literally) jacobs ladder if you could find a ferrite core big enough.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: Permanent magnet Tesla coil

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,
Naw, I forget, just remember it was a huge GE motor. Tell you what though, the generator was rather wide, a bit more than the 60 Hz motor. On that output, I remember it was 600 volts , two wire, at 10,000 Hz. Also, it took what seemed like at least 2 or so minutes to get to speed (the whole system, the inrush was so great it had a step start) and once you shut the thing down it spun down for several minutes. All that mass spinning..
Mike