Re: FOR SALE cleaning out my work shop

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like something I'd do lol. I say for those that buy mots (or lasers, tesla coils, x-ray machines, energy caps, or any dangerous device in the hands of the ignorant) and not know how not to kill themselves (or their buddy), let evolution take it's course. I've seen worse suggestions (aka recipes for exposives and pipebombs, etc) on ebay. Never thought of actualy trying that tho, but I guess if the military can do it homebrewers can do it cheaper. I guess if I ever need to take a break from my tc and pc hobbies I will try it and post the results in the HV list. Sounds like a really cool mad scientist project for those that don't wanna shoot visible sparks at your enemies lol.

Mike
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: FOR SALE cleaning out my work shop

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I have listed several items on ebay.  It took me 4 hours to list 9
> auctions on ebay.  Ebay has turned into a pain in the a** with all it
> options.  Over the next week I will be listing more auctions.  I will
> try to list a few more auctions ever night so be sure to click, view
> sellers other auctions.  Here is a list of Tesla Coil things I have
listed.

> Ebay auction,
>
> 6019400225
>
> 6019401623

In that last auction you say,

"Also included is the high voltage capacitor and the magatron tube.  Build
your own microwave gun.  Aim the wave guide at a bird in a tree turn on the
power and the bird will fall out of the tree like a rock.  It never kills
the bird only stuns them for a few seconds they fall about 15 feet like a
rock come back to life and fly away.  Shoot a dog it will fall down.  Not
sure what the maximum range is but it does a good job at a distance of 50
ft. "

That has to be one of the most absolutely irresponsible things to suggest to
someone.  Using a magnetron outside of an oven is absolutely ludicrous
without proper safety considerations, not to mention encouraging people to
cook the neighborhood birds and dogs with such a device.

I don't normally comment on things of this nature, but that just takes the
cake for stupidity.

Jon