RE: ...another newbie question (NTC thermistor)

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I had to think about this for a bit.  I think one can not parallel NTC
thermistors.

If two paralleled devices had precisely identical characteristics, it
would work.  But assuming that the initial cold resistance was not
matched, the unit with the lower resistance would pass more current than
the other, so it would get hotter, making its resistance lower still,
and it would remain the dominant path, not sharing the current.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA