Re: too much PFC capacitance?

Original poster: m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On 4 Dec 2005, at 20:40, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Bobby Amaya <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is it ok if I have way too much capacitance on my PFC capacitors or
> will this somehow be bad for my transformer or TC?
> Thanks in advance.

That depends whether the transformer is plugged straight into the
wall (in which case it doesn't matter except that the power factor
will now be leaning the other way) or if you have a variac between
the wallplug and transformer with the PFC caps at the input of the
transformer (not the input of the variac - again that wouldn't matter)
in which case you may get some undesirable resonances.

Malcolm