Re: 48kW DRSSTC: international names

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Wikipedia (not that Wikipedia is an authority on such matters) defines it
thus:
"Some resources define silicon controlled rectifiers and thyristors as
synonymous, while others define SCRs as a subset of thyristor".

I had always thought that SCR was the generic term and thyristors, gate turn
off and triacs etc where subsets (even diacs).

We probably should assume its an open question.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400