Re: Build own capacators

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

Matt, you're missing the real point: HOMEMADE CAPS
SUCK!
Excuse me for being so blantent, but if you can tell
me even ONE instance where a home capacitor has
Out-Preformed, Outlasted, or been "More Compact" than
the cd942 MMC (when made properly), I will belive that
there is a future for the homemade cap!

Yes I AM stepping on some peoples toes here, but it's
NOT because Im an a**hole.  It's because I've wasted
TO MUCH TIME AND MONEY building my own caps, only to
have them fail!  I do care about the well being of the
list members and I know how much it sucks to have a
capacitor fail.  Please take my word on this, MAKE AN
MMC!

Im sorry to offend you who have lasting homemade caps,
but I push my coils (and there caps) very hard,  I
just ran one of my twins for 48 minuts.  The only
thing that got warm was the tranny, THE MMC REMAINED
COLD!  A run of 30+ minuts is very common here and
only the cd942 MMC has been flawless and lasted in
this area

Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp

PS: Cake mix won't EXPLODE and hurt you if you cook it
to long