Re: Simulation vs. Experimentation (was: Capacitor Help)

Hi Curt,

Fantc is an inductance and secondary resonance analysis tool which doesn't include a primary cap. However, Javatc would be better for something like that. It will get close enough, sure. But, because a primary is often something that takes some work, it's nice to be sure with an actual test. Scrap wire turns are pretty simple to set up just for verification.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

How close does a good simulation program like FANTC
allow you to get?  Would it be possible to do the
"prototype" via simulation rather than winding a
primary twice?