Re[2]: Build own capacators

Original poster: Illicium Verum <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Jeremia,

Why is it so hard to accept some critics?

Let people do what they like to do. If people want to make an MMC that's fine and if they don't and want to build every part them selfs, I have respect for that. It takes a lot of knowledge to make your own good capacitor and there are plenty people who have succeeded and their capacitors might be just as good or even better than some MMC's. Even an MMC can be calculated wrong. But I agree that if you don't know how to make a good home made capacitor it saves you time and money to make an MMC.

Some people make a Tesla coil as an experiment and finnish it in a month or so while other devote all their spare time on it to make it look like a master piece.

However you do it, you have to leave people the choice and respect their devotion and enthusiasm in doing it their own way. What is the joy in taking that away from them?

I think it's not fair to say that home made capacitors will die and outperform an MMC just because you and the coilers you count on your one hand did not succeed. If only one person succeeded it proves it is possible and that knowledge can be shared with others who could copy that design.

Take this critic as an advice as I'm not telling you not to say these things. I just ask you.

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan.