Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey everyone,
Here's a few pics as promised.  This is what I got done over the weekend.
I've since built a little more and done some more wiring.
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/1.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/2.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/3.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/4.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/5.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/6.jpg
So as of now I'm going for the MMC with 12 of those 942 caps, and 1 pound of
28 AWG to start winding my secondary.  I have noticed several people mention
a safty gap.  I assume this is about a 1" gap across the capacitor to
prevent any over voltage conditions from blowing the caps?  Like if perhaps
the tesla coil strikes down and hits the primary for example?

I don't recommend using wood in contact with the high voltage circuit,
as in the support of the primary coil and specially in the support of the
spark gap, where the output of the power transformer is directly applied.
The wood will burn.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz