Re: Lead Free (was Re: CD MMC caps from DigiKey...)

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

Typically, electronics stuff should not have silver in it due to a
nasty thing known as silver migration.  But I don't think that is a
big deal for the hobbyist types.  The military and the medical
stuff will have big heart burn over the silver however!

The book for my Tek scopes (535a/545a) says to only use silver
bearing solder, as using regular solder will damage the ceramic
things all the parts are soldered to, it is very old I know, but it
is electronic... is this silver migration thing something I should
worry about?

-Rich (in Berkeley)