From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 6:22 PM

 snip>
Owww this throws another wrench in the works.  A copper pipe hammered into
the ground hey...  hummm is this the only way?  I mean that's fine for
playing at home but the whole reason I started building the Tesla Coil is
because we are having a christmas tree decoration contest at work.  My team
as built a christmas tree cage from chicken wire and I'm building the Tesla
Coil (on my own dime) to go inside the tree cage.  We're not going to have a
copper pipe in the ground available there.  Is there an alternative we can
do?

snip>
I still don't understand.  How does the safety gap in parallel with the
regular spark gap help any unless it's connected to something else as well?