SciSalvage Update

Original poster: Matthew Smith <msmiffy@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All

I'd just like to remind everyone that the SciSalvage wiki is alive and
kicking, or twitching at the very least ;-)

SciSalvage is a wiki on the recycling of "junk" for scientific
purposes.  Entries list useful parts to be found in various pieces of
equipment, disassembly and safety tips, and where things may be
found/acquired.  So, for those looking to disassemble microwave ovens,
TV sets, etc., for coiling (or other) purposes, this wiki is for you.

I am looking to expand the scope a little, to include descriptions of
projects based on salvaged items.  Contact me if interested, or just
start a page yourself!

Sadly, I have had to copy and paste the entire contents into a new
database as I could not keep up with the quantity of spam coming in;
it was easier to drop the database and start again, with the latest
version of Mediawiki.   The wiki is now in partial lockdown - anyone
can read the wiki, but only registered users may edit it.
Self-registration is still possible, but I may even have to take this
away (contributors will have to mail me to create a login) if the
spammers start signing up to deface the system...

Last but not least, any thanks to  those of you who have already contributed.

Happy holidays/coiling.

--
Matthew Smith
<http://www.scisalvage.org>