Re: Capacitor Help (spark gap)

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx In a message dated 12/21/2005 9:34:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Malcolm,

>      Most of the multigaps I've seen used spacing of a credit card.
> You will want the SUM of all your gaps to be less than 1/2".
>
> Matt D.

Matt,

Thank you for the suggestion.  The sum of my gaps was probably not more than
1/2" but I didn't measure it exactly.  I like the idea of going to even
smaller gaps and spacing them over even more surface area.  I'm going to do
that.

Thanks
Malcolm - KC

I was thinking the maximum gap spacing for a neon sign transformer was in the neighborhood of .25" as opposed to .50". My gaps are set at .030" each and I believe I use 5 or 6 gaps on my small coil using a 15 kv 60 ma transformer.

Ed Sonderman