Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna & DC's capacitive antenna

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

> We operated this approx 12-25 feet away from larger coil and 6-8 feet
> away from smaller coils and obtained very consistent and reliable results.

only 12-15 feet? and what sort of readings do you have at such small
distances _without_ load capacitance - tens of volts?

> It measures the peak AC potential and the peak DC potential.  To keep
> the load small we also experimented with a small electrostatic field
> mill voltmeter but due to the high impedance of modern oscopes there
> was not a detectable difference.

load on what? i`d throw away this large 30x30 sheet of copper to keep
the load small :-)
how high is the input resistance of your scope? i
don`t quite understand what do you mean saying "It measures the peak
DC potential", coz at any case the time constant of input of your
scope doesn't stand up to the time constant of electroscope.

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D