Re: Secondary grounding wire

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> I plan to ground my secondary, and it seems to me that it will
> be fine to just run the thin magnet wire down to the grounding
> rod.  Is there any reason this would not be the case?
    Grounding is much oversimplified.
    It would help to know what POWER the coil is to operate at,
    forinstance KV and mA of transformer secondary, or whatever.

    That said, I would use a 'heavier' ground wire, if only because
    the 'thin mganet wire' is quite fragile.  Likely results
    with something heavier will be betteer as well.  The
    numeric value of 'heavier; willd epend on the power.

    Copper or Aluminum strip has advantages as well.

    I am partial to braided strap, some feel it is too
    inductive....

    best
     dwp