Re: stripping magnet wire

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is the method I use, too. Usually I just let the wire cool to ~room temp, then use some denatured alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to clean off the soot. Use 220 or finer grit sand paper to remove any stubborn spots or if you aren't going to solder the end. It's particularly effective for stripping long pieces of wire really quickly

Mark Broker