Mot Hunting

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I found a place that has a old microwave now and then , they had a old heavy duty Amana brand . The back said 1600w , I took it apart but it does not look like the ones I see people working with , the output of the transformer goes through a bridge rectifier and the tube was surrounded by a big spool of 28 ga wire. I did not get a chance you to do a voltage check on the transformer but it is big for a microwave, also I did not see a gap for regulation and so is there a way to tell with out a heavy smoke test. The transformer is welded to a mounting plate now.
I did wind up with a good 30a relay and the spool of 28ga wire.

Rich