LC Meters

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 11:04 AM 04/02/05 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: Chris Watkins <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:43:19 -0500
>From: Chris Watkins <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: LC Meters
>(Re-sent. Sorry if duplicated. After seeing other posts, but
> not this one, over 12+hrs, I figure it just didn't make it.)
>I'm currently looking at the LC Meter IIB from aade.com,
>and the Meterman Wavetek37XR, which also does frequency
>readings... for the same price as an assembled LC meter.
>(But I'd most likely buy the $99 kit, if I got the LC IIB)
>I'm on the fence... slightly leaning toward the Wavetek.
>Any good/bad experiences with either product?
>Is something better, at a similar price point? ($100-$150)
>Thanks for any help!
>Chris Watkins

Hi Chris, Coilers,

Take a look at the Wavetek Meterman LCR55 as well.  After months
of waffling over which one to get, I chose the LCR55, which I am
very pleased with.  It covers a wide range of both inductance
and capacitance, plus it does a good job of measuring low values
of resistance.  Great for a tesla coiler and a ham operator.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at: