 >Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:43:19 -0500
 >From: Chris Watkins <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
 >Subject: LC Meters
 >
 >(Re-sent. Sorry if duplicated. After seeing other posts, but
 > not this one, over 12+hrs, I figure it just didn't make it.)
 >
 >I'm currently looking at the LC Meter IIB from aade.com,
 >and the Meterman Wavetek37XR
<snip>
 >I'm on the fence... slightly leaning toward the Wavetek.
 >Any good/bad experiences with either product?
 >Is something better, at a similar price point? ($100-$150)
 >
 >Thanks for any help!
 >
 >Chris Watkins

Hi Chris, Coilers,
Take a look at the Wavetek Meterman LCR55 as well.  After months
of waffling over which one to get, I chose the LCR55, which I am
very pleased with.  It covers a wide range of both inductance
and capacitance, plus it does a good job of measuring low values
of resistance.  Great for a tesla coiler and a ham operator.
73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

After having it mentioned to me multiple times now... I checked it out, and it certainly does look like a useful piece of equipment. It will still leave me with no frequency measurements, however.

The first hamfest I'm attending this year is 3 weeks out. Maybe
I'll hold off until I get back from there... if I can stand it :-)
If I luck into the right deal(s), maybe I won't need to have a
freq counter bundled into my future LC(R) meter. Never can tell.

73's
KD4NOY

--
Chris