RE: Tiny DRSST was Re: Ultra tiny coils!

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bob,
>If you are going to build a transistor inverter why not build a tiny
DRSSTS.

Yes I'm thinking much the same way, but I like to get an SSTC working before
I try a DRSSTC, SSTC's are much more controllable and predictable for
scaling the transistors required.

I have built a number small scale SSTC's using both a Class C with inductive
load (http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/millietess/millietess.htm)  and
digital (http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/nt/nanotess.htm ) type drives.

I admit I've never tried anything in the 20-30Mhz range, but I'm sure with
the right drive a 20-30Mhz coil is possible.

The issue that scares me is the detuning of the secondary with changing
conditions and accurately tracking that with such low powers and small
coils. At 27Mhz 1nS delay from feedback to driver becomes quite a problem.
Maybe a CB PLL could help ??

Derek