Re: Meter Shunts ??

Original poster: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

the 0-350VDC is easy, you can get direct readout meters for this, You'd
probably need a 500 volt model.

500amps DC will need a large shunt. It's probably going to be brass and
weight a few pounds. You don't need a resistor for this part though. Just
get a meter with the front labelled Amps and the coil needing 50mV or
whatever your shunt is rated. the heavy current goes though the shunt, not
the meter. If you can get the correct meters, you don't need any resistors
for this.

http://www.meterdistributor.com

has nice pictures and info on meters and shunts. You can usually mix and
match the parts (meter/shunt or meter/current transformer).

KEN