Re: 1300 watt Microwave Flyback for sale.

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

For those interested in using the microwave inverter type flyback cores see
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/Other_HV_stuff.htm#TV%20flyback%20HV%20supply%20300W
This circuit is from Andrineri and in turn from from Vladimiro Maziili. The supply is made almost entirely from parts from a scrap microwave ovens which are of the electronic type (the lightweight ones). I used the 2 IGBT's and the heatsink along with the small toroid inductor. The main ferrite transformer, also from the microwave, had the primary heavy Litz wire removed and replaced by 10 turns centre tapped driven by the simple Royer type circuit. I have also removed the spacers between the cores. Non microwave parts included the main capacitor, two 12 V Zener's, a few resistors and two high speed diodes (BYV-29 500 Volt, 9 A, 60 nS).
The input here is about 30V 10A (300W) with resonance at about 70 kHz. The IGBT's are rated at 600V 30 A and only get slightly warm in action but the cap will overheat if the resonant frequency is too high. Output is probably around 2000 VAC. The arc stretches out to about an inch and has a lot of power and easily melts the supporting wire.

These can be had for almost no cost (or a few beers) from microwave repair places. All the parts are on the one board. It only takes about $10 of extra parts plus the supply to run it.

Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au

Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>
Hello, I have a 1300 watt panasonic microwave oven flyback transformer I just pulled from a solid state microwave. It appears to be a e-core ferrite transformer, pretty small, this is the transformer that's replaced those bulk 60hz MOTS, the power rating is 1300 watts, it's a monster in a small package. ... This unit would be nice if you want to take time to rewind the secondary and primary, you could get ALOT of power and high voltage from the unit by vacuum potting it in oil or just use it to power a standard tesla coil. ...
Adam