Re: DRSSTC - I think I heard Cross Conduction...

Original poster: Sue Gaeta <sgsparky@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Colin,

For the longest time it seemed like all these people out there put a few silicon devices together, and get huge sparks, and I had these weird unique hurdles to overcome.
I am glad I am not the only one, but I am also glad that I was able to help someone else out with a similar problem! Once you get rid of that antenna, you will be able to close everything up, and eliminate the possibility of noise, and strikes to unprotected circuitry!

Good Luck!

Sue

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "colin heath"

hi sue you said

When I put the 10K in series with the CT, I had absolutely no
problem at all. It's like too much feedback was overwhelming, and I seemed
to remember seeing a huge spike when there was no resistor.

this is probably my problem then. both times iv used one i didnt use the
resistor and
got the same thing with noise and going c/w!!! well ill add it in as this is
probably whats
been pumping my system with r.f.

cheers
colin