[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Copper Banding?
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Copper Banding?
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:23:58 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:24:05 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <GRNPqC.A.vO.UCRHCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 2/23/05 2:42:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
saw a website a while ago while surfing at 2 AM and
saw that someone made their primary out of copper
banding type stuff and insulation. The banding looks
like tape with no adhesive. I would guess (from
memory) that it was 2" wide, but it looked
interesting, and I thought I'd like to try that idea.
This weekend at a HamFest I found someone selling copper strips for
grounding. Haven't had too much luck otherwise in finding it.
The Wireman, Inc.
261 Pittman Rd
Landrum, SC 29356
1-800-727-WIRE (orders only)
(864) 895-5811 fax
The stuff I saw them advertising is .020" - .022" thick, 1.25", 2",
or 4" wide, sold in 10ft lengths (or any length for the .020" x 2").
I was going to post this anyhow, thanks for giving me the excuse!