Re: Resonate or Not ?

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

to find the value of true resonance of a coil one needs to take into consideration EVERY aspect of ALL the coils parameters ( which are about 100)
just a few that come to mind are primary coil material, tube/wire dia, spacing, height above/below secondary, wiring attached to primary, length of wiring, distance from grounded sheilds, gauge of wiring...
the secondary is what material is the wire wound on, gauge of wire, insulating coating,height above/below primary, toroid/sphere is of minor chord, major chord, material, smoothness, height above top turn of secondary, transformer is voltage output, amperage output, is it variac controlled, are there PFC caps involved, Capacitors... MMC , single units, internal resistances, inductance values.... spark gap... rotary is timing and spacing of electrodes.. static.. spacing of electrodes and quench time.... I could go on for hours on all the miniscule aspects that could reduce output by a couple of inches...

stray inductances/capacitances all add up that are not taken into consideration in any of the T-Coil softwares I have seen changing the length of the feed wire to the primary will change the tap point on the primary up to 1/4 of a turn.....

it all basically boils down to the biggest bang from the cap gives the best length ( unless you are doing a magnifier but thats out of my area of knowledge) and for a big bang you need a big trannie...

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx