Re: OLTC Measuring Peak Current

Hi Adam,

I was going to just us a little "loop of wire" "near" the primary to measure primary current inductively. It would basically be a dead short so not much noise pike up. But it could couple to the primary to give primary current with some fixed load like 50 ohms. "Calibration" would be tricky... It would have to be "fixed" so as not the change with time. But being air coupled in a relatively stable situation it should be pretty accurate without any core saturation worries... You could probably pulse the primary with some known or measurable current for calibration. I never got this implemented, but the idea should work and it would be a very simple addition to the OLTC.

Cheers,

        Terry