RE: ignition coil power source

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You can power a small TC with ignition coils,
http://www.roffesoft.co.uk/tesla/it/ikletess.htm

I use two simple fly back circuits with NE555's and 2n3055's (yes I know but
it works!!)

The output was rectified with a string of by8408's and this charged my
primary cap 4.4nF
With this set up I get about 5" sparks at about 10BPS

But you would only get about 100W for each coil at max at 12V and this is
not much current for "normal" sized TC's.

The advantage of the 12V system, is its almost impossible to kill yourself
with it although it still hurts if you get the primary cap discharged
through you..

	Cheers
		Derek