RE: Safe parameters for stupid human Tesla coil stunts

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Steve, I just wanted to agree with you and back up your statement. I am
also a ham, kd0zz. I read about the RF but I did not sink in until I
built my first coil. Now I have two more coils in work and my first 1.5
KW HF amp. I am even building my own HV plate capacitor and I have been
a ham for 25 years and just into coils.

Rich

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 >By the way it's amazing how much I learned about successful tesla coil
 >building through being a ham radio operator, and how much I learned
about
 >RF principals through tesla coiling.

I couldn't agree more Sue. I got my ham radio licence when I was at high
school. To pass the exam I had to learn how to tune antennas, work
radios,
be nice to other operators, and such like, but I didn't really
understand RF
theory, resonance, coupling between coils, and the like, at all.

It wasn't until I tried Tesla coiling that I actually started to
understand,
as I saw all those stuffy equations burst into life and set fire to the
living room carpet.

Now I'm going to try taking it full circle by building a Ham rig using
the
knowledge I gained from Tesla coils...

Steve C.