Strong Rotor Material???

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Where can I buy some strong rotor material.  My rotor  is going to be 5
inch diameter maximum maybe only 4 inch diameter with 1 sheet metal
contacts held on with small bolts.  The rotor will be bolted to a 2 inch
diameter metal hub turned by a motor.  There will be a 2 inch diameter hole
in the rotor material with eight 1/4" x 28 bolts holding it to the hub.
The material needs to be strong enough to turn 7500 RPM's without self
destructing.

This is NOT going to be a spark gap rotor.  The rotor will be used to
direct sparks to 4 different places.   I worry about having a fire ring or
spark ring around the rotor.  I have seen rotors that produces a continuous
circle of sparks that shorts out all the contacts.   I thought about using
the distributor from a car engine but I think the voltage will be too high
for that and would jump across all the contacts on the inside of the
distributor cap.

Gary Weaver