To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 5:08 AM
Subject: Re: My first MMC cap test.

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

So, one could seiries a two bushing Xfrmer if you DID NOT GROUND/CONNECT the cases ??

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:16:57 -0700

Original poster: Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxx>

At 04:53 2005-01-09, you wrote:

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

The transformers used are two NST's(4kV/45mA) connected in serial for a total of 8kV/45mA.
Hello,

I'm not familiar with NST grounding in Sweden, but I don't think you can hook up two 4 KV NSTs serially for 8 KV due to center tap grounding.
Before you toss your MMCs out you should take a look at your NST connections.

Stork

Hi Stork.

These NST's are has one end of the HV side grounded in the chassi of the transformer. There
is no center tap. I have used these transformers in variuos serial/parallell configurations
since 1996 so they work just fine in this configuration.

//Matt