Re: www.drsstc.com massive update!

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Your PF is unity??
>
> Gerry R.

I know this was directed at Steve Conner, but i think that we can assume that PF of the tank circuit is unity, since the load is maximally resistive when properly tuned. Interestingly, we often tune the tank circuit slightly low, to the lower frequency of the split that is produced from coupling, and maybe a few % lower still to compensate for streamers. So i wonder how that effects the PF in the power electronics (not the PF at the wall socket) ? Doesnt really seem too important though anyway.